Full-Time Registered Nurse (RN) Wellness Coach
We have an opening for a Full-time Registered Nurse (RN)/Wellness Coach to work with our Employer Health Center located in New York, NY!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 800 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This Full time RN/Wellness Coach will work with our Employer Health Clinic Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm. This is a dual role handling RN appointments and wellness coaching visits. This person will be responsible for promoting wellness services to our clients employees via Zoom presentations and blog posts. Ideally seeking candidates who hold, or are willing to obtain within 1 year of hire, an ICF-accredited coaching program or coaching certification by an International Consortium of Health and Wellness Coaching (ICHWC) approved program (Wellcoaches preferred).
- Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow.
- Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests. Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law.
- Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed.
- Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of the lead clinician.
- Performs occupational and health screening tests as defined in site contract (EKG, audiometry, spirometry, vision).
- Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures.
- Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged.
- Evaluates health education/promotion needs of patients and provides necessary training and instruction.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by a Physician or Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
- Maintains a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Delivers one on one and/or group coaching sessions in the areas of weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, tobacco cessation, work/life balance and general health
- Creates documentation using electronic systems (i.e., EMR, charting or other specified program etc.) for each interaction
- May assist with the collection of biometric data such as height, weight, and demographic data, consent forms, etc. as related to measurement of progress towards employee goals
- May coordinate and conduct wellness programs in areas such as nutrition, stress management, weight management, smoking cessation, exercise and others
- Coach effectively in-person and by phone
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
- Works closely with third party health and wellness vendors
- Promotes a culture of health and wellness through ongoing participation in client worksite meetings and projects, task forces, client-directed outreach, and committees
- May assist the Director of Site Operations in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating the coaching program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs
- May participate in ongoing communication with the local clinic within a large contract
- Presents in an effective and professional manner. May interact directly with the client or client representative
- Represents the health center, as appropriate, in scheduled or ad hoc employer meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives
- Assists in training of other associates as directed and completes other duties as assigned.
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates’ degree (A.S.) is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required
- Current hands on training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management preferred.
- Either certified in an ICF-accredited coaching program or ability to complete coaching certification by an International Consortium of Health and Wellness Coaching (ICHWC) approved program within 1 year of hire (Wellcoaches preferred).
- Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties are desirable (preferred)
- Masters in a health related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- At least three years experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a wellness coach
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a wellness coach (preferred)
- Experience in health promotion or work site wellness and public speaking (preferred)
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills in the English language
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.