Medical Assistant (MA)
CareHere, a Premise Health Company is proud to partner with Cuna Mutual and is actively seeking a Medical Assistant to work PRN with our Employer Health Center located in Madison, WI!
No double or triple booking!!! No Nights!! No Weekends!!
- Work 1 on 1 with a provider and a quality over quantity mindset in our primary care employer health center treating ages 2 and up.
- Schedule: Thursday 9am - 7pm and Friday 8am - 2:30pm
- Greet patients upon entry to health center and respond to patient calls.
- Schedule appointments for patients as needed and assist patients with electronic access.
- Provide intake including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, waist circumference measurement, height, weight, chief complaint, medication reconciliation and health history.
- Prepare patients for exam with provider.
- Document data collection in the Electronic Health Record.
- Assist the provider and/or other nursing staff with procedures. Works under the supervision of the provider if no licensed nurse is present. Administer medications as ordered by provider.
- Keep environment clean and disinfected after each patient use.
- Collect and handle laboratory specimens.
- Assist in maintaining medical inventory and supplies.
- Perform EKG's and other in office patient testing as identified.
- Reinforce patient education as directed by provider or RN.
- Coordinate and track referrals.
- Assist with audits and regulatory functions.
- Provide support for offsite clinics as needed.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join CareHere, A Premise Health Company for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Passion for providing excellent patient care in a collaborative environment
- Diploma and/or certification in medical assisting
- Two (2) or more years of recent outpatient experience
- BLS or CPR certification
- Skilled in phlebotomy
- Computer skills including electronic medical records
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.