Healthcare Data Analyst - Remote
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Healthcare Data Analyst to join our team remotely.
About the role:
As the Healthcare Data Analyst, you’ll be an integral part of a new and innovative team charged with developing and executing a variety of new strategies related to Connected Care+, Premise’s approach to population health. You will build the analytical foundation of this effort, which will ultimately be scaled across the enterprise. In this highly visible and entrepreneurial position, you will work cross-functionally throughout Premise Health to get things done. Other functions you’ll interact with include sales, strategy, operations, clinical, finance, and more. You will also work directly with strategic vendor partners and play a significant role managing those relationships.
This individual will work with a variety of leadership roles within the organization. Primary responsibilities include 1) developing new ways for our clinical and client teams to track and report on the overall performance of Premise’s Connected Care+ strategy and 2) leveraging a variety of analytical tools not only to identify new opportunities to reduce healthcare costs and improve quality of care, but also to translate those findings into actions that empower clinical provider teams and drive a greater impact on our member populations. You will generate analyses and presentations to support conversations with internal and external stakeholder as well as perform original research, propose new approaches to problems, and contribute to an innovative team.
The role is a perfect fit for someone who a) excels at translating raw data into compelling stories meant to spur action, b) has experience working with data and analytical tools, c) is not afraid to learn new tools and approaches, d) can build relationships across a large organization, and e) is excited about being part of a close-knit team redefining the way primary care is delivered. The ideal candidate will be comfortable providing structure to ambiguity and have a passion for healthcare, data analytics, financial modeling, product development, and business strategy.
- Leads organization-wide benchmarking and analysis of claims data
- Drives toward integration of disparate data sources, with an eye toward a single unified patient record
- Works to develop automated capabilities wherever possible
- Establishes new methods of calculating member attribution and savings
- Evaluates outcomes to identify which cohorts of members Premise has the greatest impact on and why
- Demonstrates value of Connected Care+ to clients to facilitate client adoption and transition to risk-based and shared-savings pricing models
- Manages tracking overall performance and driving success for Connected Care+ strategy within Premise Health
- Defines metrics which determine performance for overall strategy and individual interventions within the strategy
- Develops changes to clinical and operational workflow based on analytics
- Synthesizes findings and implications into recommendations for the Connected Care+ team that are understandable by various functions and teams, including senior executives
- Pitches in with pricing analysis and financial modeling as necessary
- Utilizes available tools to segment members into actionable groups and share that output with appropriate parties
- Determines whether outreach and interventions for member segments is improving quality and lowering cost, and how to further drive outcomes
- May require other duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (required), ideally in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, finance, or economics
- Graduate Degree (preferred, not required, MS in quantitative field or MBA)
- 2-3 years of experience in analytical role involving:
- Developing and presenting analyses and recommendations to stakeholders
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience in healthcare, data analytics, and/or management consulting strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to thrive in a large organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated analytical abilities
- The ability to work both independently and within teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience with data cleansing and manipulation
- Comfort with learning new skills and analytical tools
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel required (for example: using lookup functions and/or creating a pivot table)
- Advanced level skill translating concepts into compelling visuals and Microsoft PowerPoint slides
- Familiarity with relational databases a plus (e.g., Power BI, SQL)
- Familiarity with analytics software a plus (e.g., R, Python)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools a plus (e.g., Qlik, Tableau)
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.