We have an opening for a PRN Fitness Trainer to work with our employer-based Fitness Center located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This PRN will work 2-3 shifts per week. Hours are Monday-Friday 6am-1pm or 1pm-7pm, and Saturdays 8am-1pm.
Join a dynamic team of professionals in providing challenging fitness programming and assisting people in our mission to get, stay and be well.
- Execute 1 on 1 or small group personal training session and program design in a safe and effective way.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (9th Edition).
- Create individualized and small group exercise programs tailored to the specific needs of the participant(s).
- Engage with fitness center members regularly to offer fitness based guidance and support when needed.
- Perform sub floor coverage or assist with specialty programs when deemed necessary by site manager.
- Provide a platinum customer experience for all fitness center members according to Premise Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized authority organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.) or Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a combination of education and experience required.
- Current certification in CPR/AED (hands on program required) and First Aid required
- Group Fitness certification from nationally recognized authority (e.g. AFAA, ACE, IDEA) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of education in the field of exercise science or a related field and at least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including: Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate, Body composition using skin fold calipers, Muscular strength and endurance testing, Sub maximal cycle testing preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of exercise programming.
- Ability to demonstrate exercises to member.
- Knowledge of safety and proper technique.