Lehigh County Authority is seeking an GIS/CMMS Manager to join their Allentown, PA team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing LCA’s Geographic Information System (GIS), which includes the development and implementation of processes/procedures for integrating asset-related data, maintaining LCA’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and providing efficient tools for accessing and reporting asset-related information for reporting and compliance purposes.
What you’ll do
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership for the development, implementation, and integration of technology that will support LCA’s asset management strategy.
- Support organizational efforts to formalize LCA’s asset management approach through the collection and reporting of key asset data such as asset condition, risk scoring, maintenance costs, level of service metrics, etc.
- Direct efforts to create and manage a computerized mapping system for LCA, as well as manage LCA’s CMMS (CityWorks) system
- Analyze, design, develop and implement systems and procedures relating to the processing of geographic information supporting all operational aspects of LCA’s systems, such as Water Treatment and Distribution, Wastewater treatment and Collection, Engineering, Planning, and Public Safety.
- Perform all aspects necessary for the successful automation of geographic information processing applications, such as feasibility analysis, cost-comparison studies, work measurement, work-simplification, personnel and resource utilization, and detailed system specifications as related to the design of overall systems;
- Ability to communicate the capabilities and benefits of the GIS and CMMS systems to solve problems and align technology with organization objectives.
- Perform high level programming, including writing instructions, and procedures, to implement systems of own design on an integrated, system-wide basis;
- Record complete documentation of system specifications and procedures, prepare and design associated input-output forms, user’s manuals, procedure’s manuals, and operation guides;
- Ensure the long-term operation and reliability of geographic information systems by verifying the proper functioning of all system features and capabilities in order to reveal and correct any deficiencies or malfunctions;
- Evaluate system instructions and procedures, recommend alternative solutions and/or improvements in geographic information processing methods, and redesign and modifies systems as required;
- Coordinate all system-related activities in order to analyze requirements, formulate objectives, justify automation efforts, and define projects;
- Assist system users with procedures required for geographic information processing and the resolution of problems resulting from the processing of information;
- Provide direction, technical training, assistance and system support to all users of system capabilities;
- Assist and support the development of and adherence to required standards, controls, procedures and performance measures related to information systems;
- Maintain high level of technical expertise to remain current with changing technology, standards, and regulations;
- Perform related work, as required.
What you need to thrive in this role
- Education: Bachelor of science (BS) in Computer Science (CS) or Management of Information Systems (MIS), or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or an equivalent training, coursework and experience, with a working knowledge of ESRI Software and Tools.
- Experience: Working knowledge of some or all of the following software programs: ESRI Software, AutoCAD, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Survey123. Knowledge and experience in surveying, GPS, CAD applications, ArcGIS Pro, Utility Network and image processing considered a plus.
- Experience working with CMMS systems. CityWorks background preferred.
- Experience working with infrastructure GIS data such as distribution and collections networks.
- Experience with PowerBi and Crystal Reporting software a plus.
- Minimum four years of combined GIS job experience working with ESRI GIS software.
- Supervisory experienced preferred.
- Skills: Thorough knowledge of current methods and techniques of geographic information systems processing;
- Thorough knowledge of information systems, techniques and procedures;
- Knowledge and experience in the use and application of Geographic Information Systems and detailed city land databases and/or large GIS databases.
- Knowledge and experience in the use and upkeep of the CMMS SQL databases.
- Knowledge in development and customization of CMMS menus and workflow system.
- Ability to exercise ingenuity and inventiveness in problem solving; skill in applying procedures to improve organizational productivity and efficiency;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; and able to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to others;
- Ability to provide production programs for specific user-friendly applications used by non-GIS staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot assist staff with CMMS database issues.
- Ability to assist/train staff with established workflow for CMMS software.
- Ability to assist/guide AM Technology Analysts with written documentation for training.
- The incumbent should possess knowledge of geographic information systems, computer science and mathematics techniques, CMMS systems, as well as initiative and imagination in the conduct of assignments.
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a non-profit, municipal authority and is the primary water utility in Lehigh County. LCA provides high-quality, reliable water and wastewater services to residents, visitors, and business in the fast-growing and expanding Lehigh Valley. We offer competitive salaries, a generous benefit package and career opportunities for talented and motivated individuals seeking a rewarding career in the water sector. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
What we offer you
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions.
- Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Short term and long term disability
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Defined Benefit Retirement Plan and 457(Empower).
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o0Hxkfwi&s=Jobvite
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position.
Lehigh County Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lehigh County Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, Veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!EOE, M/F/D/V.