This will be achieved by following the business development process from market research, initial meeting, through sampling and quotation, value proposition, proposal writing and presentation, right through to on boarding of new customers. This is a multi-site responsibility and the ability to cross sell products and services is important.
The Internal Sales Manager will manage the day-to-day relationships with new and dormant Tier 4 customers with the objective of growing sales year over year. This position serves as the key liaison between Customer Service, Production, Sales, and Graphics and is a true Account Manager.
Ultimately, the role holder’s primary objective is to deliver digital sales growth within the Site Target Sectors, the secondary objective is to identify other MCC label and leaflet business opportunities that arise whilst pursuing this.
- Inside Sales: Lead the overall sales activities of assigned customer accounts, this would include House accounts and those in the sales team segmentation under “passive” that has been assigned as not proactive but reactive management. Activity would include phone calls, emails, coordinating marketing communications support and strategies.
- Design Agencies – Own the communication between MCC and our design agencies, ensuring they’re up-to-date with our projects, innovation and capabilities. Develop this relationship in order to land new business projects.
- Market Lead Qualification: Qualify leads generated through website marketing process. Manage or pass through to sales team depending on the potential sales revenue.
- Marketing liaison: Act as the go between sales and Marketing to drive improvement in Digital Online content/activity, webinar attendance, case studies, LinkedIn profile.
- Customer Relationship: Consistently communicate and exhibit through service to every customer that they are valued, and their satisfaction is vital to our organization. Use intimate knowledge of the customer's business to be proactive and grow year over year sales.
- Sales Revenue Ownership: Provide input into the annual plant sales budget and monthly forecast for Tier 4 customers
- Processes: Leverage Salesforce platform to document and record key day to day sales activities
- Conduct a needs analysis for your prospective digital customers and work with the site teams to achieve these though developing a positive engagement plan that delivers long term sustainable growth.
- Ensure that prospective customer requirements are understood, so that a detailed targeted Digital Value Proposition can be presented
- Actively work towards creating and maintaining a positive and broad relationship between the client and all areas of the business (e.g. estimating, pre-press, customer service etc.)
- Promote and develop cross-functional relationships and communications at all levels to ensure that the on-boarding of new clients is professional and successful
- Work closely with the wider Sales Team and Commercial Managers in all prospective customer focused activities and initiatives.
- Identify and grow opportunities within existing account in collaboration with sales team
- Manage all high level prospective customer challenges and issues
- Ensure all areas are appropriately resourced at the right times, in line with budget requirements, to meet the needs of MCC Roscommon’s new business requirements.
- Ensure all Company and prospective client policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to
- Deliver exceptional Standards and disciplines throughout all areas of new client requirements
- Forecast and track business development and sales metrics
- Use effective communication methods to cascade relevant information to the internal team
- Develop effective relationships with new client staff to ensure quality information is provided to internal teams to achieve business objectives.
- Drive results through supporting colleagues and sharing best practice.
- Demonstrate a structured approach to visits ensuring maximum impact on performance is achieved each time.
- Take ownership for assigned projects and work towards achieving Digital Business Development goals for the year.
- When requested, contribute to other Company projects as a key team member.
- Participate fully in ongoing reviews of policies, procedures and operation documentation.
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable.
- The list of the job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.