National Maintenance Trainer
Monarch Investment & Management Group, a successful multifamily real estate investment and management company headquartered in Franktown, Colorado is seeking a National Maintenance Trainer.
MIMG is a top 25 owner of multifamily real estate in the country and a Top 2017 Workplace. We are a private, hands-on, fully integrated multifamily real estate company. Grow your career with a group that treats teams with respect and offers endless growth potential!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- Remotely support maintenance teams in the field
- Develop and distribute maintenance “Best Practices”
- Mentor maintenance managers on how to manage a maintenance team
- Work order system management
- Make Ready / Turning Unit completion and system management
- Best practices for painting/staining both interior and exterior applications
- General grounds management
- Able to understand, write, review and teach basic maintenance budgets
- Develop, manage and train preventative maintenance programs
- Inspect and teach teams how to organize and keep clean maintenance shops
- Teach P/O and Inventory Control systems
- Teach basic exterior building maintenance, i.e. gutters & downspouts
- Teach effective management of a 24/7 emergency phone coverage
- Teach proper snow removal and tracking management (when applicable)
- Teach pool maintenance and assist in getting employees CPO certified (where applicable)
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Lead the management of capital projects including but not limited to rehab and/or major repairs
- 3rd party vendor management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, however, they are to mentor and teach Maintenance Technicians, Porters, Housekeepers, Groundskeepers, Pool attendants and related contract employees to assist in essential job duties and responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in maintenance, including 4 years in multi-family housing
- Extensive knowledge of multifamily maintenance budget, read, manage and create of a budget
- Dry walling including painting and carpentry
- Expert knowledge of plumbing including sweeting copper pipe
- Expert knowledge of electrical including outlets, switches and light fixtures, lock-out/tag-out
- Extensive repair and/or diagnosis of appliances including refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers and garbage disposal
- Expert HVAC and/or boiler system knowledge required (Certified or willing to get certified)
- Expert water heater knowledge both electric and gas
- Chemical and Hazzard Communication experience (SDS)
- Have good verbal and written communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Be able to provide great customer service to employees
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) Certified
- CPO; certified or willing to be certified
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel nationwide up to 75% of the time
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced maintenance / physical work environment.
- Exposure to weather, heat, cold, wet, wind & noise
- Mid-level stress.
- May need to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, climb, reach, or lay down under a sink as needed.
- Requires walking primarily on a level surface and navigating stairs for occasional periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to push or lift weight of up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly used but not limited to:
- Hammer, screw drivers, socket set, ladder and other hand tools
- Paint brush, roller, caulking gun, spray applicants such as paint and texture
- Power tools such as drills, saws, sewer snake, voltage meter, key machine and auger
- Gas powered tools including lawnmowers, leaf blower, snow blower, plow truck and air compressor
- Irrigation tools, screwdrivers, clamps
- Basic personal computer skills with Microsoft Office software applications for purpose of ordering supplies, managing work order system, inventory management and creating work/schedule plans
Equal Opportunity Employer