Vaughan, Ontario (Remote during COVID-19)
Vice President, IT Platform & Operations
Who We Are
Mattamy Asset Management is an asset manager focused on building a diversified portfolio of investments across geographies, asset classes and the spectrum of risk and return. Mattamy Asset Management is the parent company of Mattamy Homes Canada and Mattamy Homes U.S., which together comprise the largest privately held homebuilding platform in North America. Mattamy Asset Management is committed to achieving the best-possible long-term risk-adjusted returns for its clients and functioning as a socially responsible corporate citizen.
What We Offer
As the Enterprise & Solutions Architect, your role contributes to the overall success of Digital Transformation initiatives at Mattamy - ensuring goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the business strategies and objectives. This role will be responsible for defining application, data and integration architecture requirements based on current business problems and opportunities.
- Analyzing current state, business problems and opportunities in collaboration with business stack leads
- Defining application, data, integration and infrastructure architectures to enable the solution.
- Performing root cause analysis to understand where the challenges are and which to tackle
- Understanding why the problem hasn’t been solved and the best course of action
- Developing viable solutions
- Collaborating with business leads and project managers to develop economic cost / benefits cases
- Creating statements of work for the implementation
- Collaborating with technical leads to transition the designs to implementation teams and external vendors
- Evaluating project deliverables and progress
- Reviewing construction to ensure adherence to architecture standards and IT strategic decisions
- Evaluating the overall project status vs. costs and schedule
- Making course corrections to keep the construction on schedule and on budget
- Ensuring that adequate testing is performed. Evaluation of defects, bugs and the root causes
- Analyzing cashflow, cost to complete, change orders and delays and implementing course corrections
What You Bring
- A Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar
- 8-10+ years of architecture experience in complex enterprise environments
- Experience defining application, data, and integration architectures to enable a solution
- Experience developing business architectures (business context, process flows and user experience journey maps)
- Experience with application architecture (component design, sequence diagrams)
- Experience with data architecture (Conceptual, logical and physical modeling)
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats
- Experience crafting, building, and maintaining high-availability systems
- Knowledge of the home construction business domain would be considered an asset
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2017)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Asset Management is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.