Etobicoke, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
GTA Urban Division
Senior Manager, Development
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centered on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy is embarking on a journey to become the most respected, homeowner-centric condominium brand in the GTA with the recent launch of a dedicated urban development division. This is part of an ambitious initiative to expand and enhance our multi-family offerings in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and create the next generation of mixed-use urban communities. Mattamy's new GTA Urban Division has a large growth mandate that will be fueled by our current collection of 40 high-rise projects / multi-family developments within our GTA master-planned communities and an aggressive acquisition plan for single and multi-tower developments. With all this growth, we are excited to be expanding; moving from our current location in Vaughan to brand new offices in the West end of Toronto with direct access to the Bloor-Danforth Subway line!
This opportunity will suit a well-rounded and experienced professional who wants to advance their career with a development leader and work on multiple complex and exciting multi-phase projects.
What you’ll do
- Develop project proforma models and cashflow forecasts to evaluate various development scenarios and project returns. Conduct sensitivity analysis and identify project risk. Use financial model outputs to assist the project team in making balanced decisions that create value for stakeholders.
- Assist in the conceptualization, investigation, and evaluation of the feasibility of various program and built-form options for newly acquired development sites, while providing value-add input on the overall project vision and design.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules, meeting minutes, budgets, cost tracking, quarterly variance analysis reports and other financial reporting.
- Support various development approvals—including Draft Plan of Subdivision, Official Plan Amendments, Zoning Bylaw Amendments, Minor Variances, Site Plan Agreements, and Condominium Registrations—by working with internal project team members, multi-disciplined consultant teams and various government authorities.
- Maintain appropriate records of architectural, landscape, and engineering plans, as well as approvals, permits and agreements for each project.
- Grow people management skills by managing external team members plus co-op students.
- Review and consolidate comments on technical reports, drawings, and other consultant work product and coordinate submissions for applications.
- Support various internal departments (Marketing & Sales, Permitting, Estimating, Construction, Warranty, and Finance) with as-needed tasks and identify ways to optimize coordination between internal stakeholders.
- Stay current on new industry technologies and trends and municipal standards.
- Prepare and provide internal team members with relevant policy updates.
- Attend public meetings and events where applicable.
- Help build industry and market presence and awareness.
- Support ongoing tool and process development.
What you bring
- Post-secondary or Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate/Business, or Engineering.
- 3 years plus of relevant work experience within the real estate development industry (exposure to full project life cycle) and/or Master’s degree with practical work experience.
- Strong financial acumen, specifically with developing financial models and building cashflows.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of project scheduling software.
- Experience managing external team members.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for real estate in general and residential development
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply judgment, strategic thinking, and forward planning.
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Professional designations such as CFA, CPA etc.
- An understanding of planning policies, regulations, and approvals processes in Toronto and neighboring municipalities.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.