Title: Land Analyst
Location: Tampa/Riverview, FL area
Department: Land Acquisition
Employment Type: Full-Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Mattamy Homes has a unique career opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Land Development Team for an exciting opportunity to begin their career with an industry leader. Our Land Development Team is made up of highly skilled professionals who work in partnership to identify development opportunities, and work with municipalities, engineering firms and civil constructors to develop and design sustainable communities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform financial analysis and assist with the preparation and submittal of Land Pro-formas
- Assist with the management of land development projects from acquisition to final assumption, with liaison between Sales, Marketing, Building/Architecture, Government Authorities, Consulting team and Contractors
- Project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting
- Process and manage vendor invoices
- Support management with municipal approvals: draft plans, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration etc.
- Obtain development approvals by working with multi-disciplined consultant teams and government authorities
- Support the Project Managers with the engineering process including civil, landscaping, and utility drawing approval process
- Understand the interdependency between land development activities, budgeting and finance
- Support acquisitions and due diligence
- Maintain appropriate records of approvals, engineering plans, permits etc. for each project
- Coordinate with Land Construction Manager and liaise with Builders and Contractors
- Stay current on industry and municipal standards
- Build and maintain positive relationships within the organization and with Contractors, Municipalities, Agencies, and our Builders
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Accounting, Finance, or Real Estate/Business concentration preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience is desirable
- Hardworking, detail-oriented and analytical professional with a strategic mindset
- Proven strength in analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Extensive knowledge of Excel; strong skills with PowerPoint, & Outlook. AutoCAD would be a plus
- Willingness to travel to construction sites and consultant offices - a valid driver’s license is required
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.