Senior Product Designer
Design Recife, Brazil Remote, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About this position
Primarily, you’ll be working with one of our product teams working on our core platform, interfacing directly with prospects and customers along the complete software development lifecycle. Secondly, you’ll mentor junior designers based out of our Recife office, and lead the expansion of our design practice across more countries in Latin America.
Your first 90 days will be:
- Get to know the people, processes, and systems
- Onboard into multiple projects in various stages
- Add value with your perspective and experience leading projects in alignment with our design organization
What do I need to succeed?
In addition to a strong foundation in core design skills — type, color, layout — a background, or at least a demonstrable passion for these skills is necessary:
- Design leadership experience
Contribute as an expert with deep knowledge in one or more product design verticals — and have experience leading people.
- Communication skills
Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. You’ll go far if you can demonstrate this!
- Proficiency with modern design tools and systems
Our design system is in Figma — you don’t need to have experience with it, but you’ll need to learn it quickly, so a track record of tool and system competency is required.
- English: Conversational
- Portuguese: Fluent
What do I need to apply?
- Link to your website that includes recent, relevant case studies
- Cover letter (nothing formal!) with 3-5 sentences about your experience working in low-code environments.
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience;
- Attractive benefits;
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally;
- Flexible schedule;
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values: https://www.liferay.com/company/our-story
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement