Senior Product Designer
Product Design Recife, Brazil Remote, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Providing design services to our customers by applying design best practices globally is a high priority for our business. We’re looking for a senior designer with agency experience that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously growing our design culture and presence in the community. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and North America that are excited to build with you.
You’ll be working with sales and consulting teams, interfacing directly with prospects and customers along the complete software development lifecycle. Sometimes you’ll work independently, guiding stakeholders along the entire design process from research and strategy to implementation, iterating along the way. Other times you'll work collaboratively with other designers to deliver the entire experience for customer projects. Recent enterprise solutions this role has delivered for were customer and insurance agent portals, an employee intranet for a healthcare org, and a multi-site e-commerce solution for a major manufacturer.
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops - User centered design is not only what we practice, but we are advisors to stakeholders and cross-functional team members on how to approach business and user problems with design thinking.
- Communication skills - Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — communication is both clearly articulating your design rationale while synthesizing stakeholders' input to achieve alignment and define the path forward.
- Leading multiple projects end to end - Design Leads on projects need to be T-shaped designers that can deliver every step of the way from the discovery phase through designing mockups for implementation and development handoff to bring products to life.
- 3+ years experience delivering end to end designs for products and not just sites
- Problem solving skills to translate complex business processes into streamlined user experiences
- Owned or worked within design systems that you regularly contributed to and helped evolve
- Experience leading a visual design direction for a new or redesigned product that accounts for accessibility requirements
Agency experience working with clients to manage expectations is ideal
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers, and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.