Field Marketing Vimercate, Italy
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Liferay is looking for a senior marketing professional with strong management, coordination, collaboration, and communication skills who will generate sales demand and build brand awareness for Liferay products and solutions for the Italian and Greek markets. Liferay needs a hands-on marketing specialist who is thrilled by the opportunity to join a world-class digital company bursting at the seams and help us continue to expand our presence in these territories.
This position reports to the South of Europe General Manager and will work in coordination with the regional sales and marketing teams as well as the EMEA and Global marketing teams. It will also involve close collaboration with the local sales team to build and drive marketing initiatives focused on driving enterprise pipeline growth and enhancing the company’s image and product positioning within the market.
We are looking for a passionate person with a strong work ethic who is able to propose and design new initiatives as well as to execute them personally when necessary.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting, developing and executing key strategies and programs to generate demand and build brand awareness for Liferay products and solutions. The candidate must possess strong project management, coordination, collaboration, and excellent communication skills. The individual will work closely with other members of the marketing and sales team in Italy and the South of Europe.
- Develop the marketing strategy and plan for the Italy & Greece territory, with special emphasis on digital and align with the rest of Liferay’s strategy
- Drive creative lead and demand generation activities and manage the marketing lead and opportunities funnel.
- Manage and execute horizontal and vertical marketing campaigns, from digital and content marketing to social media and events.
- Manage and execute digital marketing activities: define and execute a strategy to integrate digital channels in your lead generation strategy, manage local social media channels and posts (Twitter, LinkedIn), and paid ads.
- Manage Account Based Marketing activities to drive business opportunities.
- Leverage marketing automation tactics by working closely with the Global EMEA Demand Generation and Marketing Operations teams.
- Engage with partners and execute co-marketing initiatives, with special emphasis on digital.
- Track, measure, analyze and report on results and budget to determine ROI and improvement areas.
The ideal candidate is an experienced marketing professional with B2B program-level experience, in software or another technology sector.
- More than 8 years of proven and measurable experience in developing and coordinating traditional and new media-based B2B marketing programs including web marketing and strategic design of website content, online advertising, events and other lead generation vehicles.
- Strong knowledge and experience in B2B lead to sales process and buying stages.
- Strong knowledge of digital channels and integrated them into the marketing strategy.
- Ability to create email programs and content marketing campaigns as well as to generate leads through Marketing Automation Software (Pardot, Marketo, Hubspot or similar).
- Excellent oral presentation, written communications, and sales interaction skills are a must.
- Degree in Marketing or Business, or comparable education/experience.
- Fluent English and Italian is compulsory for the role.
- Ability to work independently across varying marketing initiatives, working with local and overseas teams, sometimes across functional areas, as necessary.
- Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty.
- Extremely oriented to business goals. Ability to meet deadlines and work within a collaborative team environment
- The position requires intermittent travel within the region and 1- 3 trips overseas annually.
- Currently living or willing/able to relocate to the Milan area (Office in Vimercate).
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.