Senior Software Engineer, Telematics
Infostretch is seeking looking for Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer, Telematics Software.This position based in our Fremont, CA location. Please note that to start the role it will be remote for 3 - 6 months but once this Covid19 is behind us - it will be an in-house role.
- Design and develop complex software for Telematics Control Unit
- Architect Software to work with multi-core processor environment
- Provide design, development, and debug support for integrating individual functions into the control unit
- Ensure optimization of software through design reviews and code reviews
- Develop a design and/or product validation test program to ensure robustness of design
- Integrate with different teams such as Cloud, Powertrain, Data Science etc to realize the project
- Strong proficiency in C and C++, and object oriented design.
- Strong proficiency in Shell Scripting.
- Strong understanding in IPC Mechanisms – Sockets, Message Queues, Shared Memory, etc.
- Strong Linux Operating System fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of Networking protocols such as TCP/UDP, MQTT, etc.
- Working knowledge of Automotive Protocols such as CAN, UDS, etc.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
- Experience with writing unit tests.
- Experience in the field of Automotive Telematics Software is a big plus.
- Experience with scripting tools and methods to optimize SW development and testing activities.
- At least 5-15+ years of industry experience
- MS/BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields or equivalent experience
- Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- B.S in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related area of study.