Java Support Software Engineer
Apexon is a digital-first technology services firm backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Everstone Capital. We specialize in accelerating business transformation and delivering human-centric digital experiences. For over 17 years, Apexon has been meeting customers wherever they are in the digital lifecycle and helping them outperform their competition through speed and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Analyst/Associate in AppBank, the Technology Division’s “Run-The-Bank” production management organization here. Specialist role in the production management function for technologies and systems that support the Firm’s various business functions.
• Work actively with team members to analyze and resolve application issues
• Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
• Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
• Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
• Adopt various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
• Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with AppBank Engineering team in automating them
• Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
• Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
• Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
• Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance
• Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Five (5) years of software development experience
MUST HAVE SKILLS AND/OR LICESNSES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
• Computer Science concept of Data Structures in practical use cases
• Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues
• Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
• One of the following Structured or Object Oriented programming languages: Java, C, C++, VB, .NET, ASP or Angular etc.
• One of the following RDBMS environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2
TOP SKILS: Java, SQL, UNIX
OPTIONAL SKILLS OR QUALIFICATION ( NICE TO HAVE )
• Experience in the Financial Service Industry
• Experience in Cluster Computing and Big Data solutions: Spark, Hadoop, HDSF, XRS using public cloud
• Degree in Computer Science