Software Engineering Manager - Remote
At GoHealth, we aim to provide an effortless experience to the patient, provider, and staff experience. We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our customers’ interaction.
The Software Development Manager will oversee a software development team to achieve the goal of providing an effortless experience through the development and support of the GoHealth Urgent Care patient and internal facing web and mobile applications. We are seeking individuals with solid hands-on development, strong software engineering background, and proven leadership skills.
This position will design, build, and own mobile-first applications and features that will delight our customers and internal teams. You will be leading a team to develop patient, provider, and staff facing web and mobile applications to achieve outcomes such as allowing a patient to complete their demographic and insurance details an efficient and secure manner, drive conversions, and find ways to integrate the information into the electronic medical record system. We are looking for a software lead who has robust experience across multiple technologies and can help the team build exciting new features to support the GoHealth Urgent Care mission. You will investigate new technologies, design solutions to build new features, and improve existing features and processes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform software requirements analysis, participate in research and design, development, and testing of software systems and tools. Responsibilities will also include working with GoHealth partners to facilitate efficient integration and support channel partnerships.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including marketing, operations leadership, physicians/providers as well as others within the IT team. It will require excellent problem solving skills to anticipate and solve for complexities before launch.
4-year CS degree required (or equivalent experience)
5+ years of software development experience in a healthcare setting
3+ years of management experience in a software development organization
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Experience with full-stack web application development
Strong communication skills
Strong understanding and ability to architect SQL or mySQL databases
Experience deploying and managing containerized systems in a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
Proven record of success using development practices including agile project management, automated testing, and continuous deployment
Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes
Experienced in utilizing data and analysis to explain technical problems and providing detailed feedback and solutions
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
Experience creating and maintaining node.JS applications
Experience with mobile app development using cross platform frameworks such as react-native
Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
• Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the software solution and management of complex projects with significant bottom line impact
• Collaborate with business partners to translate requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Partner with stakeholders to ensure the product vision and execution roadmap align with organization goals and priorities
• Instill best practices in for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality solutions on time.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities by planning and deploying software upgrades and defect remediation based on defined release schedules
• Evolve the existing software systems by providing a technical product roadmap to scale and meet the future needs of our patients and markets.
• Provide product support and communication back to stakeholders regarding status of production issues
• Act as a catalyst for a culture of innovation and development best practices; collaborate with other managers and team members to develop and implement standards across the teams
• Provide leadership and guidance to employees by coaching, mentoring, motivating them for optimum performance and career development
• Build web applications for patient and staff interaction, back-end API’s, and databases using various programming and scripting languages.
• Manage production software. You ship it you own it!
• Monitor, identify and relieve bottlenecks and restraints on production systems through development and system tuning
• Ensure the production software is scalable, stable and secure
• Collaborate with IT analysts and operations to ensure roll-out, training, and support plans are established and executed.
• Use analytical thinking skills to work through complex situations
• Test and document current and future systems and development.
• Demonstrate strong multitasking and problem-solving skills to identify errors in software.
• Other duties as assigned.
Guiding the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to satisfy various customers and continually build organizational Agile maturity
You'll also be collaborating with a great team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to deliver an effortless patient and staff experience along the way.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.