Training Specialist - Connecticut
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
Responsible for development, facilitation and coordination of training programs for the clinic operations staff. This role partners closely with the market leadership to manage, coordinate and evaluate the facilitation of staff on-boarding, new-hire orientation, and delivery of training projects.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate from an accredited clinical program, including but not limited to Medical Assistant, Nursing, etc.
- 1+ years experience in a clinical staff role, including but not limited to Medical Assistant, LPN, RN, etc.
- Training, learning development or related experience required
- Experience using Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Urgent care experience preferred.
- MA Certification (AAMA, NCCT, CMA, RMA) or higher clinical professional license (RN - Registered Nurse)
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient use and understanding of medical terminology
- Clinical skills in Point of Care Testing, vitals intake, clinical laboratory procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Develop and deliver new clinical team member onboarding, training and coordinate clinical shadow shifts.
- Track and manage training evaluation process via knowledge assessments, training performance evaluations and reaction surveys.
- Facilitate and lead GoHealth New-hire Orientation for the market, coordinating with market leaders as necessary.
- Develop and maintain operational and educational resources including workflows, bulletins and use of Share Point resources.
- Facilitate yearly clinical competency assessments and conduct follow up training as necessary.
- Facilitatetraining for new operational implementations and/or workflows within the market.
- Partner with Manager, Clinical Learning and People Learning Team to support and work on learning projects across the organization. Also partner and lead the market’s Learning Coach team.
- Contribute and work with operations on supporting Medical Assistant coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel within the market is required and some travel to other markets may be required for this role.