Project Manager - Healthcare
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The PMO Project Manager serves as a vital resource to all leaders across the organization by partnering at multiple levels and providing appropriate leadership. This position will be assigned responsibility for leading moderate complexity projects including new center openings (new and existing markets), cross-department corporate project support, and help manage PMO operations.
This position will provide regular reporting of progress to the responsible parties. This includes leading or supporting project and non-project meetings. This role will organize and lead projects using best practices for initiating, planning, executing, and closing projects.
The PMO Project Manager will lead the entire project including stakeholder, scope, issue, risk, task, schedule, and resource management to ensure timely completion of projects at a high level of quality. This position may work with PMO and non-PMO project managers on projects as necessary.
Will partner with markets, leaders, and support functional groups to find best practices, assess cross-functional impact and drive change management for assigned projects. Work closely with existing and new joint venture partners to execute key initiatives and strategies related to new center openings and transitions. Provide input into forming strategies and solutions for PMO programs.
Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and execution to address the most critical drivers of value. With this approach, the organization can accomplish significant work tied directly to our strategy, effectively deliver on deadlines, track outcomes, and provide access to information across the enterprise.
This position will act as the key liaison between the business departments and healthcare partners on the projects assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 years of experience managing moderately complex business projects required
- 5 years of experience as team lead or project manager required
- PMI Project Management Professional certification strongly preferred
- Experience and/or certification in Agile project management preferred
- 5 years of experience in HealthCare preferred
- 3 years of experience with multi-site Operational Management and/or projects preferred
- Initiate projects including identifying key stakeholders, determine and confirm project goals, identify risks, and provide input on budget
- Plan projects including tasks management, risk/issue management, develop project team, and determine appropriate communication plan
- Execute projects including organizing tasks, report on progress, coordinate work, provide effective communication
- Close projects to store key deliverables, lessons learned, close contracts, and ensure proper communication of project closure
- Use standard project management tools and techniques to accomplish successful project completion with a high level of quality. This includes at a minimum
- Stakeholder management
- Communication Plan Development and Execution
- Project Plan Development and Execution
- Scope Management
- Change Management
- Risk Management
- Resource, Schedule, and Task Management
- Effective Meeting Leadership
- Status Communication
- Assist PMO in managing project intake and prioritization including helping define projects before they are authorized
- Regularly provide status, issue, and risk reporting to PMO, project teams, and customers
- Escalate issues, risks, and challenges to management as appropriate
- Manage and establish the relationship with project sponsors, team members, vendors, and stakeholders
- Create and maintain project lifecycle documentation
- All other duties as assigned