Student Support Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Student Support Coordinator (In-Person) - $500 sign on bonus!
Department: Professional Development
Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, is seeking full-time/salaried Student Support Coordinators for the 2023-2024 school year. Student Support Coordinators will play an integral role in supporting schools by driving the Special Education process to ensure that every student has access to the support they need to be academically successful.
With specialized expertise in the instruction of students with special learning needs within or outside of the mainstream classroom, Student Support Coordinators advise school principals about the special education process to ensure that the needs of all students are being met. Using their strong decision-making, public relations, interpersonal, and communication skills, Student Support Coordinators are responsible for collaborating with staff members and teachers to plan short or long-term special services for children with exceptional needs. As a wearer of many hats, Student Support Coordinators will be involved in coordinating curricular resources, implementing state curriculum guidelines, enhancing productivity of existing personnel, training teaching staff, developing individualized education service plans (IESPs), and serving as the representative in IESP meetings.
Roles and responsibilities may change. Additional responsibilities may be assigned throughout the course of the school year.
- Support students and families by navigating the IEP process from initial referral to service implementation in schools.
- Partner with the schools in your assigned region to support, guide strategic decisions, and improve student outcomes.
- Provide quick, efficient support for students in the classroom.
- Collaborate with and develop meaningful relationships with families to drive students’ success.
- Collaborate with other regional personnel (e.g. region administrators, building principals, teachers, etc.) for the purpose of supporting students.
- Assist region and building administrators in understanding and utilizing data, assessments and analysis, in order to identify students who need academic interventions, and/or specialized services.
- Provide leadership, support, and assistance to all classroom teachers for skillful instruction.
- Conduct model lessons, classroom observations, provide "next step" support for teachers.
- Participates in meetings, committees, in-services and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Serve as a resource in identifying appropriate instructional strategies and interventions to improve student achievement.
- Assist schools with identifying, planning, and undertaking appropriate "next steps teaching" for groups of students as indicated by their IESPs.
- Maintain documentation of work with teachers using Catapult Learning's proprietary system.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Teacher Certification
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field preferred
- Knowledge of Curriculum programs
- At least three years experience as a Special Education teacher (or similar position)
- Job related experience in the evaluation process.
- Practical experience in leadership and teacher coaching
- Excellent research, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Must have advanced proficiencies with Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive, Zoom, etc.
Salary: $75,000 (and $500 sign on bonus)
Catapult Learning is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage candidates who reflect the diversity of our student population to apply.