QA Automation Engineer/SDET (Dallas only)
What We Do:
Today the modern enterprise is an Enterprise of Things. We are on a mission to secure the Enterprise of Things with active defense by identifying, segmenting and enforcing compliance of every connected thing. In real time. And at scale. Our unified security platform enables enterprises and government agencies to focus on Zero Trust segmentation, IT/OT convergence and OT/ICS innovation, all supporting our mission and vision.
Join us as we secure the world with our products. We are looking for resourceful and gritty individuals to collaborate as one team while ensuring a world-class customer experience. We are cyber-obsessed about addressing the world’s most challenging security problems. Innovation starts here, everyone’s ideas are valued, visionaries welcomed!
(This role is in our Plano, TX office 3 days a week, Tues-Thurs, and 2 days a week remote, Mon & Fri)
(We are NOT sponsoring H1B visa candidates or relocating candidates)
What You Will Do:
If you are highly professional and passionate about exploring our impressive NAC product, come join the Forescout Compatibility team as a SDET QA Engineer and take part in defining and driving the future worldwide market-leading product suite that consists of Network Access Control, Endpoint Compliance, Mobile Control, and Intrusion Prevention. Applications range from Client/Server to Web for a Network Access Control solution, running on both Windows and Linux systems.
- Deploy and maintain the automation test environment, including network switch devices, various types of endpoints, and software integrations.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues related to the testing environment, software under test, or automation code itself.
- Develop tools, frameworks, and infrastructure to improve testing efficiency and quality.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test suites using the Ansible automation platform and Python.
- Integrate automation with CI/CD tools, feed the test data into the pipeline, and run the tests in stages.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Product Owner, Developers, QA) in test automation activities across the company.
- Analyze and report defects on software to improve conformance, stability, and supportability
- Test defect fixes and new functionality as required
What You Bring To Forescout:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an SDET designing, building and maintaining QA automation around traditional and cloud-based client server products.
- CS, EE, or Information Technology degree with at least 3+ years of working experience in software development, SDET, or Test Automation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of testing principles, testing types, and methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal processes, limited guidance, and focused on productivity.
- Knowledgeable in object-oriented design, industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles.
- Able to write reusable code/scripts, fluent in at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Automation framework experience, such as Ansible automation platform, Robot Framework, Cucumber, etc.
- Good understanding of CI/CD concepts with hands-on experience with CI tools like Jenkins.
- Familiar with Test Management Tools, such as TestRail, and Project Management tools, such as JIRA.
- Familiar with versioning tools like Git and understand concepts of Pull requests, code reviews, etc.
- Comfortable with various operation systems, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, and or HPE network devices is recommended.
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM is recommended.
- Experience testing network security product like firewall, intrusion prevention systems, and SIEM solution, are highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Python, SQL and database with working knowledge of Java a plus.
- Experience providing and maintaining complex, automated regression tests.
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software and network issues.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and debugging techniques.
- Most importantly, true startup spirit and strong "can-do" attitude and willing to wear multiple hats when needed.
- Can work independently.
- Thorough thinker and focused on quality.
- Committed and proactive.
- Fast learner and resourceful.
- Excellent execution and communication skills a must.
- Collaborates well with others.
- Motivated and willing to learn new technologies and eager to apply them to improve day-to-day .productivity and code quality.
- Team player, willing to learn, and mentor others.
What Forescout Offers You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits – we cover 80% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (US only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
- Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram
- Learn more at: www.forescout.com
Where permitted by applicable law, the candidate must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job (subject to reasonable accommodations based on disability or religion). Forescout Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.