This position reports to the Senior General Ledger Manager and supports a multi-unit business through general accounting and internal control functions and results reporting and analysis. This position is primarily responsible a variety of duties such as keeping accounting records updated, assist with monthly general ledger close by recording of accounting transactions, generating reports and performing clerical functions. A successful candidate will have a basic understanding of accounting concepts and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Posting financial data to accounting software
- Assist with month end closing procedures.
- Maintain various Excel Worksheets.
- Generate, compile, copy, fax, sort, mail, scan, file and retrieve organizational documents, records, and reports
- Assist in maintaining & documenting accounting policies
- Assist with Accounting Projects as necessary
- Ensure open lines of communication with customers (internal and external), co-workers and management
- Maintain compliance with corporate policies and employment laws, to ensure a workplace that safeguards the rights of every employee
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Ability to manage complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures; strong understanding of accounting theory with good knowledge of US GAAP.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; willingness to research and resolve accounting application.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others; ability to learn new software if necessary; understanding of basic accounting functions and related internal controls; must be able to handle reasonable problem solving tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with and understand the needs of coworkers; focuses on solving conflict, not on placing blame; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; represents the accounting function in a positive function.
- Associated Degree (minimum) in accounting or related field and 1-2 years related experience.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Strong research & analytical skills
- Willingness to enthusiastically complete low level task such as filing & data input
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate teamwork
- Strong organization skill with acute attention to detail
- Track record of being able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced with minimal supervision in a dynamic work environment and meet deadlines
- Strong Computer & Technology Skills - Proficient in MS Office Applications;
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with Smart Sheets a plus
About Dent Wizard
Dent Wizard is the nation’s undisputed leader in automotive reconditioning services and vehicle protection products – and our success is the result of the great people who serve our customers. We’re stable, growing and have a strong business model, with opportunities in 43 states, 2.5 million vehicles repaired every year and more than 3,000 highly skilled employees. Help us reach new heights and receive the respect, rewards and recognition you deserve.