Billing Configuration Specialist
Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. Recognized by Inc. as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, Credible is expanding our Rockville, MD based team. For Credible, our Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in Behavioral Health for clients, families, providers, and management. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today.
Credible is looking for qualified candidates with experience in Behavioral Health Care Medical Billing. This position is responsible for working collaboratively with partner agencies to submit claims, post payments & adjustments, rebills, EDI claim submissions, and auditing claims.
Join the Credible Team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Billing Specialists to determine billing configuration inconsistencies and completion.
- Work collaboratively with Billing Specialists to improve quality of billing configuration procedures and documentation.
- Audit implementation projects to ensure compliance with documentation standards.
- Audit implementation projects to ensure configuration is accurate with the data provided by the Partner.
- Audit implementation projects to ensure configuration meets with Payer and State regulations.
- Work collaboratively with the National Billing Manager to improve internal processes and increase checks and balances to decrease risk of configuration errors.
- Understand how to read and interpret EDI files.
- Understand and consistently apply Credible’s Best Practice workflows for pre-billing, batching, and posting.
- Understand and consistently apply Credible’s Best Practices for billing configuration and testing.
- Maintains confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Other Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Learn and develop a thorough understanding of Credible software.
- Complete Credible New Employee Orientation program.
- Completion of Credible’s product knowledge and training.
- 50-75% Travel required.
- Clear understanding of Credible’s:
- Corporate structure
- Lines of business
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Previous medical billing experience along with knowledge of billing related reporting; 3 - 5 years’ experience in Behavioral health-care billing & collection practices.
- Experience in Quality Review/Auditing of EHR configuration.
- Experience working with medical payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurances.
- Working knowledge of medical billing systems/softwares.
- Experience with Medicaid’s State Eligibility Systems (various states).
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding systems; Coding certification preferred.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.