Join our Business Analytics Team as a Pricing Analyst!
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused with an integrity-filled brand and care deeply about our products and customers. We’re more than just a company, our products help millions of people every day make better, more informed decisions. We also know that our teammates are our biggest asset, and we make space for a balanced life while tackling challenging projects and working with great people. One last thing: The four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
Our Pricing Analyst will join our Pricing team and report to the Head of B2B Pricing. Playing a key part in guiding pricing strategy and operations, this person will work closely with Product teams to support both product strategy and go-to-market initiatives.
This role is work from home until the opening of our Toronto, ON office, at which time there will be an in-office expectation of 3 days per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
As a Pricing Analyst you will:
- Perform data analysis that helps guide pricing strategy and operations
- Proactively analyze product usage, billing and customer data to identify drivers of customer acquisition and churn
- Work under supervision of Head of B2B Pricing to develop and enhance value-based pricing models that align with pricing strategy
- Partner with technology teams to streamline reporting and operational pricing processes to reduce time to market
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of input data used in pricing models
- Build statistical models to help with value-based customer segmentation, churn prediction and anomaly detection
- Work with product teams to share value insights and support product development roadmap
To be considered you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analytics role, at least one year focused on Pricing, ideally B2B
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, vlookups, conditional sums etc)
- Experience querying large databases using SQL
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferred degree in Mathematics, Business Analytics, Economics, or similar fields
Nice to Have:
- At least 1 year of experience in pricing analytics, SaaS environment preferred
- Master’s degree with a quantitative focus
- Experience querying data using Hive and/or Spark
- Knowledge of a visualization tool such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau
- Program language skills using R or Python
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and generous time off policies
- Winter holiday break and 4-Day summer work weeks
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.