Director, Facilities and Operations
Join Team CARFAX as a Director, Facilities and Operations
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
The Director of Facilities and Operations is responsible for helping make Carfax a great place to work by creating a well-functioning, collaborative office experience that reinforces strong teamwork and helps people perform at their best.
This role has an expectation of 5 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage facility and space planning: oversee capacity, planning and office expansion initiatives; create collaborative workspaces; manage lease agreements and office improvement, construction, and building maintenance projects; troubleshoot and resolve after-hour service calls and issues
- Keep the office running smoothly: manage front desk, mail services, equipment, and conference facilities; collaborate with video conferencing and service desk teams; manage vendors, control operating budgets, and oversee lease agreements and terms
- Manage health and safety programs: responsible for establishing processes and procedures to keep the workplace healthy, happy and safe, including collaborating with security professionals, implementing emergency preparedness procedures, and providing workplace safety training programs
- Lead a team of three to deliver a great office experience: organize catered weekly lunches, throw office happy hours, and host in-office team celebrations
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience required, including 7+ years of experience in project or operational management, facilities, hospitality, corporate services, and/or property management; Certified Facility Manager (CFM) certification preferred
- 3+ years management experience, including leading high-performing teams, developing and managing budgets, negotiating vendor agreements, tracking key performance metrics, creating reports, and controlling expenses
- Strong project management and organizational skills required
- Experience with CAD, space planning, ability to read and interpret construction documents, managing health and safety and sustainability programs strongly desirable
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to implement creative, non-standard, and innovative solutions to challenges
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.