UX Information Architect
Join Team CARFAX as a UX Information Architect
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. We pride ourselves on being mission focused with an integrity-filled brand and care deeply about our products and customers. We’re more than just a company, our products help millions of people every day make better, more informed decisions. We also know that our teammates are our biggest asset, and we make space for a balanced life while tackling challenging projects and working with great people. One last thing: The four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
We're seeking a UX Information Architect to organize, structure and label internal applications in a manner that allows our users to find information efficiently, intuitively, and easily navigate our systems. This individual will play a key role in data stewardship, journey mapping, user research and ensuring stakeholder alignment.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week. This is subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with stakeholders (Business Development, Billing, Customer Support, Development) to identify product requirements
- Run user surveys, user interviews, card sorts, and usability tests to assess users’ mental models
- Group and label content – with usertesting.com or optimal workshop
- Generate user flows and navigation systems
- Create flow charts to demonstrate the hierarchy of information
- Develop taxonomies
What we’re looking for:
- A proven history of creating UX deliverables such as User Flows, Information Architectures, and data visualization at a high level of execution and complexity
- Hands-on familiarity with enterprise services and integrations such as on-prem billing systems, Salesforce, Netsuite Lightning design system, promos and discounts
- Experience contributing to the strategic aspects of design for enterprise systems, data flow, bringing disparate systems together
- Solid understanding of the principles of UX design that get results, including the buyer’s journey, conversion orientation, calls to action
- Experience working with tools such as Figjam, Optimal Workshop, Mural, Miro
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and generous time off policies
- Winter holiday break and 4-Day summer work weeks
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.