Senior Project Manager - Used Car Listings
Join our BizTech Team as a Senior Project Manager!
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
We’re seeking a Sr. Project Manager to focus on defining, planning, and implementing diverse projects primarily related to our Used Car Listing (UCL) products. You’ll work hand in hand with a large team of project managers and analysts, a driven set of researchers and data technologists, and business and technology leaders from across the enterprise.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management and agile development team ceremonies
- Develop and refine project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, risks, and contingency plans
- Lead large, multi-location and virtual groups of multi-disciplinary teams
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes
- Manage dependencies across teams and collaborate with other project managers and team leaders to ensure overall project is completed within plan parameters
- Ensure a common understanding across stakeholders and team members by setting and managing expectations
- Gather, articulate, and represent project requirements for our agile software development teams
- Anticipate and measure project performance and progress using various quantitative tools and techniques to identify and quantify any variances, perform corrective actions, and communicate to stakeholders
- Proactively identify and plan for risks as well as implement approved actions and workarounds to mitigate risk events
- Lead cross-functional assessments for projects in the Concept phase and drive the conversion of conceptual ideas into actionable and clearly understood project deliverables and timelines
- Generate key project deliverables and facilitate their review
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings, sometimes with C level executives to ensure communication is clear and teams are aligned
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 10 years of relevant work experience focusing on project management
- Familiarity with consumer facing websites, apps or platforms focusing on conversion, engagement and enhancements
- Demonstrated ability to execute within ambiguity using prior experience, analytical skills, and available research
- Thorough experience delivering projects using an agile methodology
- Experience managing project teams of 10 or more or complex multi-disciplinary projects that involve multiple project teams
- Ability to work with and communicate, both written and verbally across multiple job levels, including senior leadership
- Ability to mentor junior project managers in the use of proven project management tools and practices
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification through the Scrum Alliance Experience with the Atlassian Suite – Confluence/Jira
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.