Senior Character Artist
Playground Games is looking for a Senior Character Artist to join our Forza team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are expanding our diverse team to create the best racing game ever!
You’ll of course be familiar with industry standard software packages such as 3DSMax or Maya, as well as having extensive experience with Mudbox or ZBrush. Your knowledge of human anatomy will be well developed and you’ll have a good level of understanding on best practices to suit animation needs and engine requirements.
As a Senior Character Artist you’ll also have experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including materials, asset optimisation and the creation of meshes with clean and functional topology, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
What you will bring:
- Portfolio demonstrating real time character art work to very high standard
- Strong understanding and demonstration of human anatomy and proportions
- Established character production workflows such as creating clean deformable topology, efficient UV mapping and baking, texturing, and cloth creation techniques
- A good understanding of technical considerations for character creation, with the ability to communicate with technical team members
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills
- Ideally experience on shipped AAA game projects
- Experience with cloth simulation setup
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.