Associate Lead Gameplay Animator
Playground Games is looking for an Associate Lead Gameplay Animator to join our talented Fable team here in Leamington Spa on a Permanent Basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As an Associate Lead animator at Playground Games you will oversee a wide range of animation, pushing for the highest quality to achieve our creative vision. You will be jointly responsible for growing and developing a highly talented team to deliver an incredibly exciting open-world action RPG. You will work with the team to visualise, prototype and oversee the implementation of gameplay features, ensuring that animation work adequately scales based on project scope in order to deliver world-class quality within constraints.
Our ideal candidate is an expert animator who is passionate about their craft, shows potential in people management, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Help grow, motivate, and mentor the gameplay animation team.
- Oversee creation and iteration of high-quality key-frame and mocap animation assets, seeing them through to being implemented in-game.
- Work with production on scheduling and long-range planning for the team.
- Assist with recruitment and oversee outsource engagements.
- Set an example for the rest of the team.
What you’ll bring:
- At least one shipped AAA title with demonstrable experience of people management.
- 5+ Years of Games Industry experience.
- Exceptional keyframe animation skills demonstrable in a reel that ideally showcases work with gameplay animation systems.
- Passion for game dev, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make “world-class games” with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply