Playground Games is looking for an AI Engineer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As an AI Engineer, you will be working with the AI team to deliver foundational AI technology and implement player-facing features. You will work closely with the design teams and your fellow AI Engineers to plan and deliver on new features.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who is passionate in their craft, skilled in C++ and excited about AI as a problem domain.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Implement AI features and behaviours for the new Fable title.
- Work with autonomy within owned areas.
- Work closely with design teams to empower them through our technology.
- Become a key collaborator who can work effectively within a large multi-disciplined team.
What you’ll bring:
- 3 years of engineering experience, some professional AI experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Understanding of some core AI concepts such as behaviours, HSM, FSM, utility systems, navigation, etc.
- Strong knowledge of C++.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.