Playground Games is looking for a 3C Engineer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a 3C Engineer, you will be working with the 3C team to deliver foundational Character, Camera, and Controls systems. You will work closely with Game Design and Animation to plan and deliver on new features.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer, skilled in C++ and mathematics and who is passionate about the game’s controllability and feeling.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Build and polish our Character, Camera, and Control systems, alongside the rest of the 3C team.
- Build efficient and performant 3C systems, as well as the testing tools to avoid regressions.
- Work within a large multi-disciplined team, in collaboration with Animation Engineering, Gameplay Animation and Game Design, among other departments.
- Collaborate with production to ensure the delivery of our planned features in the specified times.
What you’ll bring:
- 3 years of engineering experience, some professional 3Cs or Gameplay experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA).
- Understanding of some core 3C concepts such as animation networks, state machines, game design, camera behaviours, character movement systems or controls accessibility.
- Excellent knowledge of C++.
- Strong 3D math skills, with emphasis on linear algebra and vector math.
- Great task planning and delivery mindset.
- Team player with a genuine passion for video games and engineering.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.