Lead Java Developer
Are you an inspirational technical leader, able to switch between writing code and guiding your team through complex software projects?
Saggezza was founded with the belief that there was a better way to help companies compete in the digital age and transform for a new tomorrow. Over the last fourteen years, we have partnered with companies from global enterprises to regional leaders. Our vision is the same – to take companies into the future. We are a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth.
Our people are our biggest asset and we recognize that our success depends on their talent, motivation and expertise. Saggezza employs high calibre individuals and emphasizes the importance of collaboration and growing both professionally and personally.
We are currently looking to hire Java Developers of all levels to lead on client projects.
In this hands on role you'll be responsible for:
- Leading a small team to enable the design and development of custom and complex software solutions
- Managing the project software delivery lifecycle and your team’s role within this process
- Producing high quality, maintainable code
- Partnering effectively with client project teams
You will have:
- Proven track record of leading technical teams including mentoring and encouraging a collaborative culture
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience in Java
- Spring Boot, Hibernate, SQL, MongoDB, SVN/Git, Agile methodologies
- Service oriented architecture development
- Proven ability to motivate your team to deliver excellent results
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong professional relationships
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
It would be great if you have:
- C# and/or Python skills
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, e.g. Jenkins, Sonar and CI/CD principles
- Experience with React/Angular or comparable front end frameworks
- Financial Services and/or Software Consulting experience
We’re committed to providing our people with a great environment to work in. You can expect: ongoing skills-based development, career progression as well as health & well-being benefits and support. You’ll work within a friendly and supportive team, working on a variety of projects and the chance to obtain relevant certifications along the way!
We also offer:
- Up to 10% bonus (based on company and personal performance).
- An employer pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, with the option to carry forward or 'cash-in' 5 days each year
- Access to YuLife wellness platform, subscription to Calm App, premium subscription to Fiit, life coaching & emotional wellbeing sessions, 24 / 7 virtual GP Access, Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Insurance & Income protection
- Enhanced Maternity Pay & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel loan scheme
- A Tech Scheme which lets you choose from over 5000 tech products at up to a 12% discount
- Free unlimited Udemy account for every employee to support their continuous learning and improvement
Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.