The Electrician is responsible for performing a full range of complex and skilled electrical work. These activities can involve the installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repairs of industrial electrical equipment, associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Perform a variety of skilled master-level work required to electrical tasks and electronic controls
- Train other level electricians
- Work with other maintenance team members and other groups to continuously improve workplace safety, machine performance, OEE, product quality and maintenance cost savings
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair various industrial electrical equipment and electric controls
- Assemble control panels, operator interface enclosures, and junction boxes by following schematic and layout drawings provided
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Support ISO 9001 activities
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies
- Conduct other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a licensed Industrial Electrician within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Omron or Siemens PLC, Motoman or Kuka robotic programming experience an assets
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Revised: January 2018