Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
As one of the world’s largest solar technology and renewable energy companies, Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Canadian Solar is excited to announce that we will begin manufacturing operations at a new facility located in the great State of Texas. This manufacturing facility is over 700,000 square feet and will produce our latest TopCon solar modules to be used around the world.
Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate. Please consider joining the Canadian Solar family in Making the Difference!
Position Title: Buyer
Reports To: Senior Sourcing Manager
The Buyer is responsible for the purchasing of raw material and other supplies to support united production and other duties to ensure profitable business operations.
- Coordinate and negotiate purchasing, prices, and delivery
- Obtain and maintain records on product / part specifications, prices, delivery status and assistant SQE to review vendor performance
- Source, negotiate and purchase assigned raw materials to achieve the most economical cost, best value and quality for the dollars expended
- Develop and maintain suppliers who will provide Marketing with accurate cost forecasts to minimize purchase price variances for budgeting considerations
- Maintain productive working relationships with both suppliers and internal departments to ensure the procurement and development of raw materials proceed smoothly
- Maintain Database for suppliers in MRP system
- Raw material planning consistent with production forecast to establish minimal inventory levels
- Negotiate warranty issues with suppliers. Coordinate shipping of parts for warranty, repair or calibration
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and payment with accounting
- Track monthly cost savings and supply shortages
- Maintain pricing table for lead buyer commodities in RFQ module
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- Materials Management or Business Administration diploma / degree / certificate or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years related experience preferably in an industrial environment
- Self starter with excellent computer skills, a team player attitude
- Strong communication, negotiation and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines is essential
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full-time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Original: November 5, 2010
Revised: March 04, 2014