General Ledger Accountant
There’s public. There’s private. And then there’s LURIE.™
Lurie LLP is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a full time General Ledger Accountant to serve multiple clients within diverse industries. This position is a part of our YourBooks team where we offer comprehensive accounting, payroll, and sales & use tax services to small businesses.
Our clients love us and our business is growing rapidly. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will be able to advance and grow, this may be for you! We are looking for an individual that thrives in a team environment with a passion for collaboration, client service, and efficiency.
- Preparation of financial statements each month, for review by Accounting Manager
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card accounts & other accounts as needed
- Posting journal entries
- Collaborate with the YourBooks team to support client needs
- On-time delivery of client financial reporting packages
- Low error rates and overall quality of work output
- Ability to work successfully in a sometimes fast-paced environment with multiple clients in varied industries
- Client satisfaction
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Previous experience preparing financial statements, reconciling bank statements, credit card statements & other accounts, and accounts payable processing. Payroll & payroll tax return preparation, and sales & use tax return preparation & filing a plus
- QuickBooks experience, preferably Online version. Experience with Intuit Online Payroll for Accounting Professionals is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong technology skills including experience using Excel, MS Office and other in-the-cloud applications
- Customer service experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and interest in leveraging technology and efficiencies
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.