Accounting and Audit Specialist
There’s public. There’s private. And then there’s LURIE.™
Lurie, LLP is seeking an Accounting and Audit Specialist to join our team. This is a highly unique client-interfacing position. The individual is part of our assurance and advisory team that performs audit, review, compilation and consulting engagements. This individual will leverage their accounting experience and/or audit experience to perform audit, review and compilation procedures, and identify client recommendations to improve internal control and business processes. This is a 40-hour-per week position all year around (no busy season overtime hours). This is a great opportunity for someone wanting more than a corporate accounting or audit position, or an experienced person wanting to remain active.
Our fun, flexible and innovative culture will allow you to learn and grow with opportunities to work on projects that impact our greater community.
- Project team member; working actively with internal and client resources
- Performing audit, review, compilation, and consulting procedures
- Exception identification and resolution
- Preparing client financial statements and footnotes
- Project management assistance
- Commitment to quality and client experience
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Proven accounting skills such as reconciling cash, general ledger, fixed assets, benefit plan administration, payroll, or similar experiences
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in accounting
- CPA not required
- Client service skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Technology savvy
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.