Staff Accountant - YourBooks
Take your first strides into the world of accounting! We are looking for a detail-focusedto join the YourBooks Outsourced Accounting Team. You will be providing customized accounting services to support client businesses as they manage and grow their business or organization. This will be a great opportunity to put your accounting schooling or work experience into action and apply what you know!
Who is a great fit for this position?
- Associates of Accounting or similar degree
- Work experience and an interest in building an Accounting career
- Detail-oriented, intuitive learners who want to grow themselves, and the businesses and clients they support
- Learn the business: Gain a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry-specific engagements/clients (i.e. healthcare, professional services, etc.)
- Process transactions: accounts payable/cash disbursements processing, accounts receivable/cash receipts processing, and payroll
- Complete basic account reconciliations, such as bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare basic financial statements and required work papers to support the financial statements.
- AA or 2-year degree in accounting or related field required or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a professional environment, leadership/management, or similar experience
- Working knowledge of accounting software and systems. QuickBooks experience is preferred.
- Basic MS Office skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills preferred
- Organizational skills
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to handle multiple client files and deadlines at one time
- Ability to stay positive in a high-paced environment
- Communication that is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and value the different contributions that people make
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.