Applications Engineer (Energy Storage)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Position Title: Applications Engineer
Department: Business Development
Entity: CS e-STORAGE
Reports To: Sr. Director, Business Development & Applications
Location: Hybrid, (Spain or UK)
Pre-sales Engineering and Design
- Be a technical liaison for the Sales team to customers and partners, and an expert resource for general product specifications and value engineering discussions.
- Analyze RFP or other customer documentation to determine project scope, schedule, specifications, risk, and technical requirements.
- Prepare technical documentation for proposals and coordinate the bid package preparation with other departments.
- Work closely with sales staff, engineering and procurement to ensure complete and shared project understanding and priorities.
- Conduct technical presentations and provide clarifications to customers and other departments.
- Develop size models and conceptual drawings sets (Electrical single-line diagrams, site layouts, etc.).
- Perform site visits as needed.
- A go-getter professional with a can-do attitude - setting aggressive, measurable goals and objectives for him/herself and prepared to be measured against them.
- An efficient team member with high regard for ethics, integrity, and finesse.
- A dynamic professional with the ability to positively interact and collaborate with a diverse group of people at all levels and disciplines and capable of effectively communicating with clients.
- Comfortable in a collaborative and fluid environment.
- An excellent time manager, able to balance multiple projects and prioritize a broad variety of issues, initiatives and objectives concurrently.
- Several years of experience in applications and/or systems engineering with an energy storage integrator or EPC contractor.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or related software.
- Direct experience in battery energy storage systems or utility-scale solar.
- Exceptional technical aptitude including the ability to read and fully understand engineering schematics, technical advisory reports and technology reviews.
- Solid understanding of regulatory standards in the US related to energy storage and grid-interactive inverters.
- Global perspective and awareness, and direct experience working across diverse cultures in a multinational company would be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical or Mechanical) is required; a graduate degree is strongly preferred.