Service Technician (Energy Storage)
e-STORAGE is a subsidiary of Canadian Solar and a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. The Company offers its own proprietary LFP battery solution, comprehensive EPC services, and innovative solutions aimed at improving grid operations, integrating clean energy, and contributing to a sustainable future. e-STORAGE has successfully implemented over 3.3 GWh DC of battery energy storage solutions in various locations, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and China. This significant accomplishment solidifies e-STORAGE's position as a key player in the global energy storage integration industry. Currently, the Company operates two fully automated, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with an annual production capacity of approaching 20 GWh. e-STORAGE is fully equipped to continue providing high-quality, scalable energy storage solutions and contribute to the widespread adoption of clean energy.
For additional information about e-STORAGE, visit www.csestorage.com
Canadian Solar was founded in 2001 in Canada and has been listed on NASDAQ since 2006. It is now one of the world's largest solar technology and renewable energy companies. Canadian Solar is a leading manufacturer of solar photovoltaic modules, provider of solar energy and battery storage solutions, and developer of utility-scale solar power and battery storage projects with a geographically diversified pipeline in various stages of development. Over the past 22 years, Canadian Solar has successfully delivered over 102 GW of premium-quality, solar photovoltaic modules to customers across the world. Likewise, since entering the project development business in 2010, Canadian Solar has developed, built, and connected over 9 GWp of solar power projects and over 3 GWh of battery storage projects across the world. Currently, the Company has approximately 700 MWp of solar power projects in operation, 8 GWp of projects under construction or in backlog (late-stage), and an additional 17 GWp of projects in advanced and early-stage pipeline. In addition, the Company has a total battery storage project development pipeline of 52 GWh, including approximately 2 GWh under construction or in backlog, and an additional 50 GWh at advanced and early-stage development. Canadian Solar is one of the most bankable companies in the solar and renewable energy industry.
For additional information about Canadian Solar, visit www.canadiansolar.com.
Position Title: Service Field Technician
Department: Project Implementation
Reports To: Service Manager in the US
Entity: CS e-STORAGE
Location: Texas: Gail, Alvin and Houston
The Service Field Technician (US) will be an integral part of the service team with the main responsibility for commissioning and completing preventative and corrective maintenance of CSI Energy Storage’s Solbank Storage Power Block (SPB). The individual will also be responsible for completing obligations under Long Term Service Agreements (LTSA’s) of Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects. The successful candidate must be able to travel and complete tasks at various project sites throughout the US. Experience with BESS or renewable power generation equipment in a service environment is required.
- Commission CSI Energy Storage’s Solbank Storage Power Block
- Preventative and Corrective Maintenance of SPB’s to adhere to warranty requirements
- Obligations for BESS equipment under LTSA’s which may include:
- Energy Storage Cabinets (ESC’s)
- Power Conversion Stations (PCS)
- Ring Main Units (RMU’s) / Switchgear
- SCADA and networking devices
- Provide onsite diagnostic, troubleshooting, and hands-on support to maintain equipment and achieve availability and capacity guarantees
- Oversee and supervise sub-contractors on site where required
- Assist in developing standard operating procedures and processes
- Complete work order documentation in a timely matter
- Ensure inventory of spare parts is accurate
- Perform proper LOTO and switching procedures as required
- Support client training during the commissioning
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and policies
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Electrical Technician
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in a service environment preferably in renewable energy
- OSHA 30 Certified (Osha 10 certification is accepted as long as Osha 30 is obtained soon after hire)
- Previous training and knowledge of inverters
- SCADA experience will be beneficial
- Knowledge of general and national codes, medium voltage power systems and Energy Storage system applications is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- Previous experience with a CMMS software program preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- First Aid Trained
- Must be able to travel to regional locations as needed (over 50% of the time)
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, vacation, and sick days.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.