Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self-manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy.
Position Title: Accountant
Department: Finance and Accounting
Entity: CS e-STORAGE
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Location: Kitchener, ON
As an Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Finance and Accounting Department. Your responsibilities will include ensuring accurate and timely payment processing, expense verification, and invoice reconciliation. Additionally, you will contribute to project accounting tasks, supporting the overall objectives of the Finance Department and CS e-STORAGE.
- Verify vendor invoices and process payments promptly.
- Assist in preparing project invoices and monitoring billings against budgets.
- Reconcile monthly project WIP and participate in WIP review meetings.
- Contribute to monthly project revenue recognition and closeout procedures.
- Assist with annual AOP, monthly management reports, and ad hoc reporting.
- Support SOX audit, external financial statements preparation, and government audits
- Handle all employee expenses through Concur and ensure expenses are appropriate/accurately entered.
- Collaborate on tasks supporting other regions as needed.
- Assist SOX audit, external financial statements preparation, government audit as well as corporate tax filing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred) or Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Proficiency in computer literacy, including advanced Excel skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking and logical analysis skills.
- Positive team attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to travel to other regions if required.
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at its discretion.