Installation Support Specialist (Bilingual - Spanish)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
Anticipated travel for this role is approximately 50% of the year, typically for 3-5 days at a time depending on the business need. Areas most likely travelled include Texas and the Southern US states with periodic travel to South America. When this person is not in the field, they will work from their home office, ideally in Texas within 1 hour of a major airport.
Canadian Solar is searching for a technically minded Installation Support Specialist to provide installation support and training, both on customer job sites and remotely, to third party installation experts.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical expertise and support to ensure Canadian Solar’s newly released residential energy storage system correctly functions with various microinverters, DC PV, AC coupled PV inverters, generators, and EV car chargers
- Provide remote (online & phone) support to installers by presenting visual training aids, manuals, and other documents
- Travel to residential customer project sites throughout North and South America to support EP Cube Battery installations. Periodically travel to California office to attend company meetings
- Provide various technical service, including, but not limited to: Training installers on site, commissioning installed systems, and supporting end customers (both remotely and onsite)
- Available to take calls from installers and end customers to answer questions
- Occasionally participate in international meetings/calls with our research and development team
- Use Salesforce CRM system to receive, and follow up customer service and repair cases
- Create, and manage RMAs for warranty and repair occurrences throughout entire workflow.
- Supports Technical Services Department with other duties as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years Experience providing technical support & solutions within the Solar PV and/or Battery Energy Storage Systems space
- Experience providing hands on technical consumer and installer customer service/support
- Understanding electrical, and industry terminology.
- Bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability to use / communicate using Microsoft Office, email, Teams, Zoom, and cell phone between customers, installers, OEM installers as well as with Canadian Solar personnel.
- Willingness and excitement to travel in North and South America approximately 50% of the year
- Salesforce experience in either CRM or RMA –Plus
- NABCEP certification –Plus
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO, and sick days.
The pay range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000 This range represents annual base salary only, without regard to location, and does not include bonuses or incentives or benefits that may apply. The pay range for this role is subject to change.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.