2024 Engineering Leadership Development Program
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!The Role: Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) is an intense two year program for people who have a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share Xylem's desire to solve the world’s toughest resource challenges. The program is designed to accelerate professional development through technical and leadership training and a variety of business-critical assignments. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the Xylem Engineering Leadership Development Program is for you!
The Engineering Leadership Development Program is a two-year program consisting of three rotational assignments which are driven by real business priorities. The program includes Continuous Improvement training, formal presentations to senior leadership, and valuable leadership training. The Rotational assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure within Xylem (Engineering, Innovation, Sustainability, Data Science, Software Engineering, Product Management, Project Management etc.) leading to successful off program placement.
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of program rotation
- Complete assignment objectives on schedule, within budget, with higher than expected quality while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
- Demonstrate analytical / problem solving skills.
- Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
- Complete program training including continuous improvement training
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Cumulative GPA greater than or equal 3.0/4.0 Overall
- Minimum rising senior in standing
- Willingness to relocate
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to lead and work in teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior internship, co-op or research experience
- The 2024 ELDP candidates begin in July 2024
The estimated salary range for this position is $70,000 to $80,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.