Lead Fashion Stylist
At Torrid we're committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse culture driven by a focus on open dialogue, empowerment, recruiting, training, development and retention. We believe inclusion of diverse backgrounds and perspectives is fundamental to our success.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the execution of seasonal campaigns, marketing materials, product detail pages, web, digital and social initiatives. You will responsible for bringing the seasonal message to light through styling of the collection inclusive of storytelling that aligns to company strategies, design intent, and merchant investments. This role styles models for editorial photo shoots and online product photography for Torrid to assure that the highest quality images are produced. Works closely with the fashion director, photographer(s), web production artist(s), and art director(s) to showcase the most up-to-date fashion trends/stories while maintaining merchandising standards. Styles flats for web still-life editorials and digital advertising.
What You'll Do:
- Be the expert on current fashion trends in the industry and translate them for the brand’s product styling.
- Partners with Merchandising to ensure investments and product strategy are represented in seasonal marketing campaigns
- Assures the highest quality editorial and product images are photographed for print, digital, social, digital, app, and website.
- Leads style-out looks for print, video, and still on figure photography in addition to flats for Editorial Campaigns
- Styles out every sku (in-store and online) for basics, seasonal basics, and for each floorset
- Shares styleout with cross-functional partners to help them understand product focus and key seasonal stories
- Manages flow of product and works with other stylist(s), product photographer(s) during product photoshoots by maintaining order with the varying levels of merchandise and product categories.
- Acts as lead on set and prepares models to be photo-ready by ensuring all items are steamed, neatly worn, and fit appropriately.
- Prepare detailed shot list for editorial shoot and partner with the photo art director and photographer to ensure shot list is executed on set.
- Works with merchant teams to ensure all current product is available for style-outs, photoshoots and retouching.
- Accountable for the organization, preparation, packing, and transport of all marketing samples and supplies to and from each photoshoot.
- Leads freelance staff in the office, in-studio, and onset to ensure consistency is maintained
- Ensures all necessary products are in-studio prior to photoshoot and prioritize high priorities and re-shoots.
- Maintains a substantial product styling closet of clothing, accessories, jewelry, shoes, and intimates consistently marking out of stock merchandise so that no aged merchandise is used during photo shoots.
- Works with a digital photographer to style and photograph product flats/still-life for all channels.
- Consistently researches current and upcoming trends in fashion, retail and lingerie.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 6 years prior experience in fashion styling
- 3 years prior experience as a lead stylist on editorial shoots
- Extensive knowledge of apparel on-body and flat styling techniques across the retail industry and in various fashion categories, with specific attention fit.
- Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Advanced knowledge of In-Design and KeyNote
- A superb eye for trending, style, and visual composition.
- Successful completion of editorial on-set standards, demands, and need for attention to detail. Ability to creatively problem-solve in a high-volume workflow studio.
- Self-driven. Experience with merchandise coordination and demonstrates set management skills.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve challenges.
- Regular travel is expected
What You'll Get:
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf