Senior Merchandise Planner
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
The Senior Merchandise Planner will develop strategic merchandise plans and targets for an assigned group of product categories to maximize sales, optimize inventory and increase margin through the analysis of historical sales trends, current in-season patterns and future forecasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage the development of annual, seasonal, monthly, and weekly merchandise plans for assigned product categories. Pre-season top-down/bottom-up level plans for sales, inventory, markdowns/sell out plans, style counts, productivity and margin in partnership with the Planning Director, Planners, and Merchants.
- Lead and execute quarterly/seasonal Hindsight process inclusive of fiscal view and seasonal view as well as other product attributes.
- Each month manage and conduct in-season reforecast of category unit plans/dollar plans, focusing on future opportunities as well as minimizing sales/inventory risks. Partnering with Merchants to align on future direction.
- On weekly basis, initiates and oversees analysis of business trends, including but not limited to, category performance, channel selling, margin drivers, and seasonality.
- Partner with merchants to develop and propose business tactics in response to current business trends, advising them on open-to-buy, optimum unit purchasing, etc.
- Owns Markdown and Promotional strategy setting and execution to hit sales, margin, and inventory targets.
- Routinely presents recommendations and other analysis to senior leadership and executive management related to driving short and long-term business goals including hind-sights, color/pattern selling, etc.
- Leadership Responsibilities...
- Collaborate with peers and share best-practice to ensure consistency in tools, reporting and communications.
- Actively participate in new hire training and assist in peer development.
- Oversee the career and skill development of a Merchandise Planning Planner in a way that drives job satisfaction and retention and builds bench strength.
- Foster a culture that is open, honest and centered around continuous improvement by providing and soliciting timely and actionable feedback in weekly one on ones
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years of merchandise planning experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a lead or supervisory role is preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including v-lookups, pivot tables, and basic macros; Must be able to manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to drive business decisions
- Proven examples of “thinking outside the box” to improve processes.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proficient with MS Excel and merchandise planning systems.
- Strong communication skills including storytelling about the data, the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues. Always developing a recommendation for solution/approach.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf