Customer Insights Analyst
The Customer Insights Analyst will work individually and as part of a team developing reports and analyses to meet sales, profit, and customer growth goals. The Customer Insights Analyst will leverage analytics platforms and large scale datasets to assess short and long term strategies, and make data-driven recommendations supporting overall business objectives. The right candidate will have an understanding of both technical and business-related concepts and will have a demonstrated interest in and facility with “test and learn” strategies and data analysis. The Customer Insights Analyst will collaborate cross-functionally to execute the defined strategies.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage large scale databases to derive data driven insights into customer behavior
- Develop dashboards to support insights with visualization of complex data sets
- Own requirements, development, and validation of ongoing metrics and KPI reporting
- Conduct findings and recommendations to drive key business decisions
- Help execute the roll out of modern business intelligence/analytics tools and visualizations
- Deliver compelling story-lined based presentations for various business initiatives
- Perform reporting and analysis of customer segments and growth initiatives, and develop recommendations and hypotheses to optimize future performance
- Foster and develop relationships with key strategic and operational vendors
- Share skills and knowledge with teammates to grow departments total impact to organization
- Design testing strategies that deliver incremental response gains and accurately forecast future results from these efforts
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or quantitative field. MBA a plus
- 2-4 years of experience in advanced data-driven analysis is required
- Capable of independently accessing and leveraging large scale databases using SQL and business intelligence tools to conduct analysis (knowledge of Python or similar programming languages a plus)
- Experience evaluating and deploying BI and analytics tools
- Possess ability to turn business requirements into technical reporting requirements
- Knowledge of customer segmentation techniques and lifecycle management
- Experience developing A/B and multivariate testing strategies
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner with cross-functional business partners and vendors to execute strategy
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of diverse responsibilities and work independently to achieve desired results; have sound judgment and business acumen
What You'll Get:
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf