Supports the development of trend groups and assists in implementing and creating technical packages. The position reports to Designer and Manager, Design. MUST SUBMIT PORTFOLIO LINK OR SAMPLES
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Completes silhouette sketching (tops, sweaters, bottoms, jackets, dresses, intimates) and detailed technical sketches.
- Researches fabrics and trims through shopping, internet, magazines, etc.
- Coordinates layout artwork pages.
- Assigns pre-existing specs.
- Creates, organizes and updates reference libraries (fabrics, tech packs, development samples).
- Completes approval submits and lab dips.
- Assists Designer in daily design processes.
- 1-2 years of design experience including technical knowledge.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Possesses strong organizational time management skills.
- Excellent sense of urgency and consistency.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- All the usual suspects, including a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on-site café and coffee shop, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.