Business Systems Analyst - Merch Systems
Torrid is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join their Oracle Retail Merchandising team to solve their Merchandising, Planning, Allocation, Omni Channel, Enterprise Integration and Reporting needs.
What you'll do...
- Conducting requirements gathering sessions with Business Leaders to define systems/process requirements, solutions options, and function as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Document business requirements, business cases and functional specs
- Evaluate potential software solutions and the system architecture to ensure they meet business requirements
- Leading discovery analysis and requirements gathering that support the strategy.
- Design and development of Retail Merchandising Suite
- Administration and support of Retail Merchandising Suite.
- Support system and user acceptance testing activities, including issue resolution
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to address business or systems issues.
- Complete technical documentation to ensure system is fully documented
- This person must be able to work under minimal supervision, must have strong verbal and written communication skills and skills to mentor Junior Team Members
- Ensures that existing and new applications meet ongoing/evolving business and end-user requirements, and department and systems goals.
- Develops, plans, and coordinates in-depth end-user reviews for existing and new system or application.
- Developing detailed software development and upgrade project plans.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in design and development of ETL integration services and reporting services.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, coordinates and/or holds clinics and other user-related activities as necessary.
What you'll need...
- 3+ years of experience in a retail company.
- Experience with Oracle Retail analytics, Retail Merchandising, Planning & Allocation, Point OF Sales, Supply Chain and CRM.
- Familiarity with data integration solutions in situations requiring Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) and other related methodologies in a multi-user, multi-platform, multi-tier environment
- Experience using Jira for Application Lifecycle Management
- Project management knowledge with a good understanding of Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence concepts and retail metrics
- Familiarity with Cloud based SAAS Software
- Familiarity with Snowflake or Google Bigquery
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server integration services and reporting services in a development role or business analyst role
- Knowledge of ETL Tools like ODI or Informatica
- Familiarity with Oracle Retail analytics, Retail Merchandising, Point OF Sales, Supply Chain and CRM
- Familiarity with Reporting & Visualization tools such as Looker, OBIEE, Tableau, Qlickview, Micro strategy or Power BI
What you'll get...
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks like a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
- Can't forget Thirsty Thursdays during the summer!
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf