Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
The Manager, FP&A analyzes the financial performance of the business, establishes monthly financial forecast, budgetary goals, aids in business decision support and strategy, partners cross-functionally to deliver value, provides recommendations on profit, expense, and cost-saving opportunities. Partner with Director of Finance to build FP&A tools, processes, best practices.
What You'll Do:
- Design and/or support the Financial Planning cycle process and subsequent coordination and communication
- Oversees updates to the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Build and maintain complicated financial models to forecast the Company's performance, and make business recommendations to Sr. Management
- Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; ensures input has been documented and properly included.
- Works with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversees budget revisions and ensures communication to department heads.
- Develop and/or support financial presentations for Sr. Management and Board of Directors meetings
- Partner with Accounting staff in monthly review of financial statements as part of close process and investigate and provide explanations for significant variances to forecast/budget/prior year.
- Identifies and calls out weekly issues affecting the Company's operations and profitability.
- Manages the department reporting to support business needs.
- Manages department deliverables, provides leadership, guidance, and support to analysts and other junior team members through effective goal setting, performance management, and professional development.
- Creates a service-oriented environment to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
- Recommends improvements and develops strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
What You'll Need:
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 5 to 6 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- Experience with the Retail industry, eCommerce, and/or Operations preferred
- Experience leading and developing a team of high performers
- Excellent communication skills (written/oral/presentation)
- Top-notch Excel skills with the ability to design and maintain complex financial models and to build high-quality financial presentations
- Highly organized and efficient
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency in data research and interpretation
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf