Lead Fashion Stylist-Editorial
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Style Director in execution of seasonal campaigns, marketing materials, product detail pages, web and social initiatives. You will be responsible for bringing this message to light through styling out of the collection inclusive of storytelling that aligns with company strategies and design intent. This role styles models for editorial photo shoots and online product photography for Torrid to assure that the highest quality images are produced. Works closely with the fashion director, photographer(s), web production artist(s), and art director(s) to showcase the most up-to-date fashion trends/stories while maintaining merchandising standards. Styles flats for web still-life editorials on occasion. This position reports to the Fashion Director.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be an expert on current fashion trends in the industry and translate them for the brand’s editorial and product styling.
- Partners with Merchandising to ensure investments and product strategy are represented in seasonal marketing campaigns
- Assures the highest quality editorial and product images are photographed for print and e-commerce.
- Collaborates with Fashion Director to style-out looks for print, video, social and digital photography to include flats.
- Manages flow of product and works with other stylist(s), product photographer(s) during product photoshoots by maintaining order with the varying levels of merchandise and product categories.
- Acts as lead on set and prepares models to be photo-ready by ensuring all items are steamed, neatly worn, and fit appropriately.
- Partners with photo art director and photographer to ensure detailed shot list is executed on set
- Works with merchant teams to ensure all current product is available for style-outs, photoshoots and retouching.
- Accountable for the organization, preparation, packing and transport of all marketing samples and supplies to and from each photoshoot.
- Ensures all necessary products are in-studio prior to photoshoot and prioritize high priorities and re-shoots.
- Maintains a substantial product styling closet of clothing and accessories, consistently marking out of stock merchandise so that no aged merchandise is used during product photoshoots.
- Works with digital photographer to style and photograph product flats/still-life for all channels.
- Consistently researches current and upcoming trends in fashion, retail and lingerie.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 or 4-year degree in fashion design, marketing, merchandising or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of prior styling experience in fashion/retail editorial, lingerie, product, and still-life photography.
- Extensive knowledge of apparel on-body and flat styling techniques for across the retail industry and in various fashion categories, with specific attention fit.
- Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A superb eye for trending, style and visual composition.
- Proven experience with editorial on-set standards, demands and need for attention to detail. Ability to creatively problem-solve in a high-volume workflow studio.
- Experience with merchandise coordination and demonstrates set management skills. Self-driven.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, weekly on-site physician, chiropractor, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf