App Studio Machine Learning Application Architect
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
In this role you will be responsible for defining the architecture of embedded machine-learning based audio and imaging applications running on advanced edge AI platforms.
- Fulfil an Applications Architecture leadership role in a team working on embedded application development, leveraging cutting edge Machine Learning algorithms running on edge inference platforms.
- Work closely with our business development teams to understand customer requirements and translate these into technical specification documentation.
- Architect application solutions from initial concept to technical implementation plans, to cover ML network choices, software application architectures
- Be responsible for application performance and power consumption running on our in house neural network inference processor.
- Review key technical limitations of the current solutions and the dependencies between the different components on the platform. Rearchitect where required for simplicity, reuse, and optimised performance and power.
- Design and develop internal and external APIs for the applications.
- Identify third-party technologies that can be leveraged for solving problems and delivering key components in an application.
- Constantly ask questions. Anticipate design problems. Innovate and keep ahead of the curve.
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer with 3+ years in a Software/Systems architectural role.
- Strong working knowledge of C, good C++.
- Proven SW architecture and design experience.
- Experience working with machine learning neural network applications
- Ability to work with Linux (GCC toolchain) and Windows (Visual Studio) development environment.
- Experience with real time and multitasking programming.
- Experience with embedded tools and SDKs.
- Experience with programming hardware (interrupts, registers, etc.).
- Knowledge of system architecture (different types of memory, cores, caches, buses).
- Familiarity with deploying ML / Deep learning technologies on embedded ML accelerators.
- Knowledge of machine learning network architectures and SDKs such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience in developing portable and reusable code.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A strong drive to solve problems and disrupt the status quo
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git and development methodologies such as Agile/Kanban
- Demonstrated ability to work in an fast-paced work environment
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience with image or/and audio processing. Including algorithm development and optimization.
- Experience with applying ML & Deep learning to Imaging & Multimedia.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art ML, conversant in the latest ML developments.
- Experience with image processing , camera sensors and computer vision technologies.
- Experience with audio processing
- Python programming.
- Knowledge of embedded Operating Systems.