Senior Engineer, Software Development
Candidates should have a Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of Software Engineering related work experience building software products and services in a team environment.
The main duties of the position are as follow:
- Participate in a daily stand-up and iteration planning meetings with the team.
- Deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Adhere and contribute to core engineering design, development, and testing principles.
- Problem solve solutions to customer implementation issues, requiring sharp problem solving skills and a deep architectural knowledge of the product.
- Other duties, as needed
Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn new architecture, tools, algorithms, etc. deeply and quickly.
- Candidate should have experience problem solving with customers, to solve customer issues.
- Candidate must have excellent programming and scripting skills with a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design principles. Experience with Java and Python strongly preferred.
- Candidate must have experience with software engineering in a Linux environment.
- Candidate must have experience with database design and development. Exposure to NoSQL/document database technology is preferred. Experience with MongoDB is a plus.
- Work with transformation of large data sets with Pentaho Kettle or similar type technologies is a plus.
- Experience solving Big Data problems with Hadoop or similar type technologies is a plus.
- Experience with development of web services (REST, JSON, XML) is a plus.
- Experience to cloud-based computing and Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Experience with or desire to work with open source technologies is a plus.
- Desire to work in an agile environment using Agile Software methodologies is a plus.