Assistant Professor of Practice/Instructor of Entrepreneurship
Suffolk University’s Sawyer Business School is seeking a full-time, non-tenure track, Assistant Professor of Practice/Instructor (depending on qualifications) to join our collegial and dynamic Entrepreneurship program within the Management and Entrepreneurship Department. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate significant teaching and course design experience at University level as well as substantial involvement in the local Boston business community that can be leveraged to develop our students’ learning and job opportunities. A master’s level degree with significant experience or a terminal degree is required depending on the position.
The Management and Entrepreneurship Department consists of 17 full-time scholars and educators dedicated to provide an excellent education in entrepreneurial thinking. We focus on experiential learning and integrate Boston’s entrepreneurial ecosystem into our curriculum. The course load for this position consists of six classes during the academic year with a typical average of 30 students per class. We seek to offer unique course content to meet the ever-changing market demand including but not limited to opportunity recognition, design thinking, entrepreneurial finance, crowdfunding, legal concerns for entrepreneurs, small business management, family business, franchising, corporate entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, green and sustainable business, and so on. The undergraduate program focuses on entrepreneurial thinking in startups or established organizations, as well as launching new ventures. In addition, our faculty members offer courses within the core MBA program, which focus on entrepreneurial innovation in medium to large organizations. See our website for more information at: www.suffolk.edu/business.
The Management and Entrepreneurship Department is known for its collaborative and supportive culture. New faculty members receive guidance, support, and mentoring from experienced faculty members in terms of research and teaching practices. Collaboration within and between departments is common and encouraged.
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, Suffolk University’s Sawyer Business School has over 100 full-time faculty members and offers full-time and part-time, undergraduate and graduate degree programs including an online MBA and a few other online programs. We are accredited in business and accounting by AACSB. The Sawyer Business School was awarded The Princeton Review’s Best Business Schools 2017 and named Boston’s Global Top-5 Business Schools 2015.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply for the position, please submit a curriculum vita and resume online via the JobVite website: https://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/suffolkuniversity/jobs?__jvst=Career%20Site by January 15, 2021. Please upload teaching evaluations, reference letters and any other relevant information in the Additional Documents section. For questions, please contact Chaim Letwin, Director of Entrepreneurship Curriculum (email@example.com). Faculty positions are subject to funding approval.
- Earned Master’s level degree in any business discipline required. Terminal degree preferred.
- Prior course design experience preferred
- Teach undergraduate and graduate students both in person as well as online
- Develop new courses and revise existing courses to meet department needs
- Advise, mentor, and coach students on career development, career planning activities, course selection and in their own entrepreneurial ventures
- Actively participate in the life of the department, college, and university through departmental services, faculty committees, faculty meetings, and other faculty activities
- Build and manage relationships with external businesses and leverage professional network to identify organizations for career development for the major and classes
- Support and advise student groups such as the entrepreneurship club as needed.Work as the liaison between the Entrepreneurship Program and the Entrepreneurship Center
- Manage the Entrepreneurship Program’s social media accounts
- Committed to Community: contributes to a climate of civility, honesty, cooperation, professionalism and fairness
- Committed to Diversity: establishes a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for diversity
- Student Engagement: demonstrated ability to engage students in the subject matter and in student activities
- Willingness to Take Initiative: interest in and demonstrated ability to meaningfully participate and to lead teams focused on strategic initiatives
- Outcomes focused: ability to set priorities and organize work streams to achieve learning outcome results aligned with University and Sawyer Business School goals
- Innovative and Creative: inspires and develops new approaches to addressing challenges and problems
- Entrepreneurial experience is desired.
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment.
Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. The search committee is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, service and/or experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.